Repeating Events

Request new features or changes to existing ones here
bmichaud

Repeating Events

Post by bmichaud »

I'm the online admin for 3 junior competitive teams and I just spent 4 hours entering events in Zuluru. 126 events in total (Practices, meetings, tournaments). Event management is critical to competitive teams so it is highly appreciated. But the feature in Zuluru needs some improvements. I'll break it up into specific requests so that they can be handled separately.

Repeating Events: This is different than copying events in that the system should know that the repeating events are related and changes may need to be propagated to all events. This is a more challenging feature because it's introducing a lot of calendar features like repeat period (every week? Every Tuesday/Thursday?), defining the end of the series, managing exceptions (cancellations, holidays, location change), etc.

It's debatable if this is really worth it. Maybe an import from csv would be a better feature!
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Repeating Events

Post by GregS »

Forgot to comment on this when the feature was done, but repeating events can now be created. The "calendar features" you mentioned are there (except for holidays), but this just creates a series of events with the same data, so if there are changes required later, there's no way to change them all. Better support for practices in general is on the todo list.