BUG? New user approval process...

Questions about how to maintain your Zuluru installation
sulfur

BUG? New user approval process...

Post by sulfur »

I'm using 1.7.4 (just updated this am :) ) and we had one of our players create a new user, one that was a duplicate account, so I deleted it this morning rather than approving it (after sending them their correct login information/etc). When I checked the tables, the entry was removed from the "people" table, but there was still a user in the "user" table.

Is that intentional?
GregS
Site Admin

Re: BUG? New user approval process...

Post by GregS »

No, the user record should be removed too. I'll look into it, should be an easy fix.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Fixed. It was working in the case of third-party user databases, but not for the Zuluru stand-alone case. Thanks for catching this!
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Also, for the record, in such cases I typically use the "merge backwards" option, which will keep the user's new user name, password, contact info, etc., but "move" it all to their pre-existing account, so that their old id number, waivers, registrations, team affiliations, etc. are all preserved.
sulfur

Post by sulfur »

In this case, they'd forgotten their password, so created an entirely new account rather than using the "forgot password" option.

Silly people. :)
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Users: can't live with them, can't live without them...