Delete Franchise

Request new features or changes to existing ones here
dyoung

Delete Franchise

Post by dyoung »

I would like the abaility to delete a franchise.
Currently when I try to delete a franchise it gives the warning that it still contains a team so it can not be deleted.
I have even tried to goto the team page and delete the team, but it says it is part of a franchise and can not be deleted.

Any thoughts?
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Delete Franchise

Post by GregS »

Deletions in general are discouraged by the software, as most of them would involve loss of historical information. Deleting a team that has played a game, for example, would put a hole in schedules and standings, so we can't allow that. Franchises are not as critical to system operation, but there are (organization-specific?) situations where teams need to be in a franchise, so again deleting the only franchise that a team is in (they can be in more than one) can cause problems there. That's why everything checks to make sure that there are no dependencies before you can delete anything. In this case, I think you need to remove the teams from the franchise first (different from deleting them), then you can delete the franchise.
dyoung

Post by dyoung »

Here is the warning I get when I try to delete the last team from a franchise.

All teams must be members of at least one franchise. Before you can remove this team from this franchise, you must first add it to another one.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Yes, that's because all teams must be members of at least one franchise... Presumably, the other teams that you removed were in this one and another? Or else it shouldn't have let you remove them either.