Stat tracking ideas/etc...

Questions about modifications to Zuluru code, to add or change features
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Stat tracking ideas/etc...

Post by GregS »

sulfur wrote:I've been working on this stuff as mentioned, no huge advances yet, but I've got some solid ideas as to how to handle it.

Related to that, I'm also playing with a feature that allows "rating" information to be hidden (it's not applicable to our league, but may be to another league of the same sport), and also allows the ability to hide gender on single-sex divisions.
Sounds good!
sulfur wrote:Unrelated to that... is there a way to see a player's statistical history with a team (ie, what games did the player score in, assist in, etc)? It strikes me that it would likely be an "easy" addition... maybe underneath the teams history or something on the player page?
Yeah, sounds like something that would be useful and fairly easy, but doesn't exist yet. Haven't dealt with too many stat-driven leagues yet; this is the kind of thing that can definitely add value for those.
sulfur

Re: Stat tracking ideas/etc...

Post by sulfur »

The fun part here is that I'm being forced to learn how you deal with features/options along the way -- that's been the biggest learning curve to date. I see where stuff gets put out to the browser, so the next step is to suss out how to handle the options/settings/etc.

For stats on a player page, since that's definitely of interest to us, I might take a look at it this afternoon.