Unable to install Zuluru in windows 10

Questions related to installing Zuluru 1: Locked now, all new installations should use Zuluru 3
natarajanram

Unable to install Zuluru in windows 10

Post by natarajanram »

Hello,
I am trying to install Zuluru in windows 10. I have the following tools installed:
1. Apache httpd-2.4.33-Win32-VC15
2. Php56
I used the steps at: https://github.com/Zuluru/Zuluru to install cakephp 1.36 and Zuluru
Cakephp 1.3 installed under Apache24/htdocs/cake_1_3
Zuluru copied under Apache24/htdocs/cake_1_3/zuluru
I am unable to run the step: http://localhost/cake_1_3/zuluru/index.php/install , the error is:

This page isn’t working
localhost is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I have checked to make sure all users have write permission to the zuluru directories. Can you please suggest on how this can be resolved?

Thanks
Guha
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Unable to install Zuluru in windows 10

Post by GregS »

First step in debugging installations is always to set debug to 2 in the config/core.php. That should give you a more detailed error message, which will help locate the actual problem.
natarajanram

Post by natarajanram »

Hi,
The debug flag provided some details on the issue and i did the following steps:
1. In cake_1_3\app\config\core.php, uncommented this in 3 files - date_default_timezone_set('UTC');
2. Renamed database.php.default under zuluru/config and ake_1_3\app\config\ to database.php. Same thing for zuluru\config\install.php.default

Fatal Error (256): ConnectionManager::loadDataSource - Unable to import DataSource class .Dbo{driver} [CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager.php, line 185]

The relevant lines are:
if (!App::import('Datasource', $class, !is_null($conn['plugin']))) {
trigger_error(sprintf(__('ConnectionManager::loadDataSource - Unable to import DataSource class %s', true), $class), E_USER_ERROR);
return null;
}
I am probably missing a configuration, not sure what. Request your help on this.
Greg, you had mentioned in a previous post that you have the detailed config steps documented. Can you please share the link to that documentation?

Thanks
Ram
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

You shouldn't rename those default files; the installation process uses them to generate actual ones. And they have placeholders in them which will cause the kinds of errors you're seeing.
natarajanram

Post by natarajanram »

Ok, i renamed them back to database.php.default. I did this in 3 locations - htdocs\cake_1_3\app\config, cake_1_3\zuluru\config and cake_1_3\cake\console\templates\skel\config

Also install.php was reset to install.php.default in cake_1_3\zuluru\config

Now the error i get is: Fatal Error (256): ConnectionManager::loadDataSource - Unable to import DataSource class .Dbo{driver} [CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager.php, line 185]

Any suggestions?
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

The fact that it's saying ".Dbo{driver}" would seem to indicate that the default version is still incorrectly in place somewhere. Your safest bet might be to wipe out the folders entirely and download a fresh version?
natarajanram

Post by natarajanram »

Hello,
According to the zuluru demo site, v3.0 is now in beta. Wanted to understand when you plan to release it.

thanks
Ram
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

I am just working on getting the installation working and will then (finally!) be releasing it. I'm working with a third-party installation plugin, which I'm extending to support new options, so there's a bit of a delay as the developer of that plugin and I get everything lined up. I'm hoping it will be this week; if it's not, then I'm away for a week before I can get back to it. Either way, it really really should be before the end of August.
natarajanram

Post by natarajanram »

Thanks for the information
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Before the end of August, by a few whole hours! See the release notice in the Announcements forum.