Installation and Config Questions

Questions related to installing Zuluru 1: Locked now, all new installations should use Zuluru 3
bullmoose20

Installation and Config Questions

Post by bullmoose20 »

Hello,

I managed to download the language files, and I placed them into the locale folder, went back into settings -> features and they still do not come up. Do I need to rerun the install.php scripts?

I am creating teams and noticed that if I put the color "red" or "yellow" or any other color for that matter, the default shirt with a "?" shows up. The little icons for the Calendar icon also shows as a bad link to the file and hence does not render the image at all.

I am trying to understand what the difference between an Affiliate and Franchise is.

In soccer here, we have the concept of "Associations" where all of the "Delta" teams belong to the Delta Association. Fabrose teams all belong to the Fabrose Association. Would this be considered a Franchise or an Affiliate... or something else in Zuluru?

Looking into the DB, I noticed that there is a field for "logo" but no where in the interface does "logo" exist where I can pick the League Logo, the Association Logo, and the Team Logo. Is this possible?

I also presume that I could create logos and place them all in the shirts folder and then refer to those as colors? Assuming I get the above to work with the built-in colors?

Thanks,
NIck
bullmoose20

Re: Installation and Config Questions

Post by bullmoose20 »

Hello,

Let me answer some of my own questions.

1) install.php had a bunch of incorrect paths that I resolved by manually entering the correct values. No reinstall was needed and presto, the shirt icons started working. As for setting shirt colours to be images of the team logo, that will work once I place the correct images in the shirts folder under zuluru.

2) I continue to have challenges to getting the image of the datepicker.js work. Its a path issue that I am trying to solve, but not sure why its not working. Clicking on the broken image does bring up the datepicker, its just that the path to the img src is incorrect.

3) As for affiliates, this is the same as I would call an Association. So we have 6 soccer associations in Laval, QC. Each Affiliate /Association has all of their respective age categories and skill levels.

4) As for the logo field in the DB, I am still not sure why it is there and how to,populate it through the UI.

Regards,
Nick
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Good job sorting those answers out for yourself! I was away for the weekend...

I thought I had fixed the location of calendar.png. It should be accessed through the same path as the other action icons. Seeing the path that it's trying to use for calendar.png as well as things like edit_24.png or edit_32.png (the pencil icon, which should show up in a lot of places), and what you came up with for the shirt icons (both the path that Zuluru pages are using, and what you have in config/install.php) could help to debug this.

Team logos were added for a tournament where it was easy to manually populate the database. Adding a UI to allow uploads is still on the todo list. It's not as simple as allowing uploads; you'd need an admin interface for approving them, and options to control whether logos are even allowed and whether approval is required.
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

Understood for the team logo. Its on the todo list.

As for datepicker.js, there is something going on because the only way I was able to get it to work was to create a folder in the absolute root of my webserver called img and I placed the calendar.png from the zuluru\webroot folder into that img folder. Not the best workaround, but did the trick for now.

Its almost like the datepicker.js is not following the options defined in the install.php file. Here is what mine currently looks like:

Code: Select all

<?php

/**
 * Configure various static application options, related to system installation.
 * Dynamic configuration options are handled through the application itself and
 * stored in the database.
 */

// Set up how we sent email.
$config['email'] = array(
	// SMTP is preferred, as it will retry in the case of transient failures.
	'use_smtp'			=> false,
	'smtp_options'		=> array(
		'host'				=> '',
		'username'			=> '',
		'password'			=> '',
	),

// Setting debug to true overrides settings above and instead writes all email
	// contents into the 'email' flash message.  If you use this, make sure you have
	//		echo $this->Session->flash('email');
	// in your default.ctp layout, and beware that email addresses enclosed in <>
	// will look like invalid HTML to your browser and be hidden unless you view source.
	'debug'				=> false,
);

// Set up which theme to use. Themes allow you to substantially customize the look of
// your site, without making changes to the distributed files.
// See README.themes for more details.
$config['theme'] = null;

// Set up which icon pack to use. Icon packs replace some or all of the default icons
// by placing image files with the same name in a subfolder of the base icon folder
// (see icon_base setting below). For example, to use an icon pack called "bubbles",
// change this setting to 'bubbles', create an {icon_base}/bubbles folder, and put
// your new images in there. They will automatically be used by the system. For any
// image that doesn't exist there, it will automatically fall back to the default one,
// no need to copy everything over.
$config['icon_pack'] = 'default';

// Add any additional CSS files required. By adding CSS here, you can make basic
// changes to the layout without changing the layout file.
$config['additional_css'] = array();

// Set up where certain resources are found in the filesystem.
$config['folders'] = array(
	// The filesystem location where files for permits, etc, shall live.
	// The league_base setting in the 'urls' section below will be the URL
	// where this folder is visible at. If you are allowing profile photos,
	// this must have a webserver-writable folder called "temp" in it.
	'league_base'		=> '/home/primosec/public_html/cake/zuluru/webroot/files',

// The filesystem location where uploaded files go
	'uploads'			=> '/home/primosec/public_html/cake/zuluru/upload',

// The filesystem location where icon packs live.
	'icon_base'		=> '/home/primosec/public_html/cake/zuluru/webroot/img',
);

// Set up where certain resources are found in the web site.
//
// Note that, if Zuluru is running in a subfolder (e.g.
// http://example.com/zuluru), URLs below will all have the
// subfolder name automatically prefixed, unless you include
// http:// at the beginning.
//
// Some examples of where Zuluru will look for CSS files based
// on the configuration:
// zuluru_css                 Zuluru URL                    CSS URL
// /css/                      http://example.com/           http://example.com/css/
// /css/                      http://example.com/zuluru/    http://example.com/zuluru/css/
// http://example.com/css/    http://example.com/zuluru/    http://example.com/css/
// 
$config['urls'] = array(
	// Name of the domain this copy of Zuluru is running on
	'domain'			=> 'www.speedylines.com',

// Location of Zuluru CSS and JS files, must end in /
	'zuluru_css'		=> '/webroot/css/',
	'zuluru_js'			=> '/webroot/js/',
	'zuluru_img'		=> '/webroot/img/',

// URL where files for permits, etc., shall live.
	'league_base'		=> '/webroot/files',

// URL for your organization's privacy policy
	'privacy_policy'	=> '/pages/privacy',

// URLs for various user management pages.
	// These values are defaults and only need to be changed if you're using
	// a third-party user database or a different base folder for Zuluru.
	// TODO: Determine these dynamically in the most common situations and
	// only require configuration here in extreme cases.
	'register'			=> '/users/create_account',
	'login'				=> '/users/login',
);

// Set up system security.
$config['security'] = array(
	// Which model do we use for user authentication? Use 'User' if you're not sure.
	'auth_model'		=> 'User',

// If you are using a third-party user database, you may need to add more parameters
	// here. See the comments in the model file specified by auth_model above for details.

// Do we add the system salt value to strings before hashing? Set to true if this
	// is a new system, false if you have pre-existing Zuluru member data or if
	// you are using a third-party user database which doesn't use this.
	'salted_hash'		=> true,
);

// Set up callback components
$config['callbacks'] = array(
	'user'				=> array(),
);

// Set up time zone options
$config['timezone'] = array(
	// See http://ca3.php.net/timezones for a list of valid timezone names
	'name'				=> 'US/Eastern',

// Difference, in minutes, from the local timezone to the server timezone.
	// Value is negative if server is to your west, positive if it's east.
	'adjust'			=> 0,
);

// This is the generic word to be used for all field-type spaces that the
// site will deal with. If you offer Ultimate, volleyball and hockey, you
// will need to find something that conveys "field, court or rink". Perhaps
// "location"?
$field = 'field';
$config['ui'] = array(
	'field' => $field,
	'field_cap' => Inflector::humanize($field),
	'fields' => Inflector::pluralize($field),
	'fields_cap' => Inflector::humanize(Inflector::pluralize($field)),
);

?>

Thanks,
Nick
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

Oh... and I am still trying to figure out why I cannot setup languages... even if they are not completely translated yet, I would like to see it in action..

Nick
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Yep, I looked at it more closely, and the URL for calendar.png is hard-coded in the datepicker.js file. Having JS use system-defined paths is a bit tricky, and I haven't spent the time yet to make that happen. You may run into the same issue for the various map icons (blank-marker, entrance_pin, parking_pin) until I get this resolved.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

bullmoose20 wrote:Oh... and I am still trying to figure out why I cannot setup languages... even if they are not completely translated yet, I would like to see it in action..
Can you try Configuration -> Clear cache and see if that fixes it? The list of languages is cached and may not have been refreshed since you added the translation files.
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

Clear cache fixed my issue with the "feature" not showing up for languages. Both options showed up for ULS and the language.

A for the js files, correct...even the map layout never showed the icons.. I just would magically click on certain place on the map and the cursor would change and I would see changes in the DB, but no clue what was going on. I guess I need to copy those icons to the /img folder in my webserver root to start seeing those icons.

Thanks,
Nick
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

Well.... looks like the icons on the map is something else:

zuluru_path = "/webroot/img//";
leaguelat = 45.5992683;
leaguelng = -73.6841733;
name = "VANIER";
address = "4000 Boulevard de la Concorde, H7E, Laval";
full_address = "4000 Boulevard de la Concorde, H7E, Laval, Quebec";
fields[1] = { 'id': 1, 'num': 1, 'sport': "soccer", 'latitude': 45.6003, 'longitude': -73.6547, 'angle': 55, 'width': 64, 'length': 110, 'zoom': 18 };
parking[0] = { 'position': new google.maps.LatLng(45.59729430293173, -73.64331388904247) };
parking[1] = { 'position': new google.maps.LatLng(45.60092507378292, -73.653280753133) };
parking[2] = { 'position': new google.maps.LatLng(45.59752355436851, -73.64524019805685) };
entrances[0] = { 'position': new google.maps.LatLng(45.59729430293173, -73.64331388904247) };
entrances[1] = { 'position': new google.maps.LatLng(45.60092507378292, -73.653280753133) };

The field layout shows up nicely on the map, but the zuluru_path = "/webroot/img//" is the problem.... That extra "/" is not helping here. Ideas on what I can do in the meantime? I did not even realize until I looked at the source that I defined 2 entrances and 3 parking lots at this location. lol.

NIck
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Well, it's weird that your server doesn't handle the double-slash correctly, as I think most do. But it's a Zuluru bug producing the double-slash, and one that's easily fixed as it happens. So I've pushed a fix for it to Github already.