Bye question

Questions about modifications to Zuluru code, to add or change features
dyoung

Bye question

Post by dyoung »

Coming down to the end of basketball season and playoffs.
I have a 7 team division so of course the first team team gets a Bye for the first round.
Challenge is that I still have to assign them to a court. I know there could be a dumby slot (0 dark 30 on a Saturday morning) but would like to leave it as just "---"
Any thoughts?
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Bye question

Post by GregS »

First question would be whether you're using the "schedule playoffs" function, or just trying to generate that schedule manually. Sounds like the latter; if so, is there a good reason for that? If there is a good reason to schedule your playoffs manually (or for anyone that's running into this situation in a non-playoff context), the solution should be to enable the "Exclude teams" option on the division edit page, and then you can select which team(s) to skip when you are adding games to the schedule.
dyoung

Post by dyoung »

Right, that makes sense.
Is there any way to drop games from your current playoff schedule?
I am looking for a single elimination playoff for 7 teams, with no consolation games. I am looking to get rid for the "round-robin for the losers of the quarters". You have this scenario for an eight team playoff, but nothing like it for 7.

Also, when I am scheduling the playoffs, it puts the games into game slots in some order determined by the program. When I try to change the game slots I get the following error, "You have scheduled a game between and in a game slot not available to them." All I am trying to do is shuffle when the games are played, for example:
Game slot Game
court 1 5-6 A4-A5
court 2 5-6 A2-A7
court 2 6-7 A3-A6

The schedule I want is (so that the winner of A2-A7 is determined last)

Game slot Game
court 1 5-6 A4-A5
court 2 5-6 A3-A6
court 2 6-7 A2-A7
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

dyoung wrote:Is there any way to drop games from your current playoff schedule?
Sorry, not sure why I didn't see this until now! The deep-down code generally handles these sorts of options, but I haven't exposed them all through the UI, as the number of choices can get overwhelming. To add it yourself, take a look at LeagueTypeTournamentComponent, specifically the functions scheduleOptions, scheduleRequirements and createScheduleBlock. You'll want to create another option very similar to quarters_consolation_seven, but passing (false, false) to createQuartersSeven.

As for the error you get when you try to edit, I put in a bunch of changes on Mar 10 that greatly improve the options that you have in editing a playoff schedule, so that's hopefully resolved now.