Wordpress Integration Instructions

Questions about modifications to Zuluru code, to add or change features
jafo

Wordpress Integration Instructions

Post by jafo »

Greg,

Do you have directions on how to integration Zuluru with Wordpress?

Thanks,
Brian
jafo

Re: Wordpress Integration Instructions

Post by jafo »

So I have done some reading of other posts from you and others, etc...

A couple of notes:
- we are NOT concerned about sharing log in credentials. We want to use Wordpress to show the public website and Zuluru would be where they register and login. Admins to the public website can manage two different logins from our perspective. NOTE: please let me know if I'm missing a key concept / idea that we didn't consider?
- When you mention integration for Wordpress, is that primarily making calls to Zuluru to get the "unprotected" JSON objects, or is there more to what you have working / planned?
- Lastly, do you have an example of deep linking working. Meaning: someone clicks on a link on the public website, they are redirected to event to register on Zuluru, they are then asked to register / login and after completing that they go back to where they started?

Hope this helps narrow down what I'm asking for.

Thanks,
Brian
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Wordpress Integration Instructions

Post by GregS »

When I talk about WordPress integration, what I usually mean is making Zuluru look like the rest of the site, by building a plugin with a custom layout. For whatever reason, it seems that people using WordPress are all happy to have "double sign on" for admins, as you have said, while people using Drupal or Joomla like single sign on.

For linking, version 3.1.1 supports use of a "redirect" parameter, which is a URL-encoded URL to go to after the page in question is done. This is mostly used for edit pages, though; I haven't tested the scenario where it's used for registration, which often requires multiple pages (and perhaps signing a waiver, a process which itself uses the redirect functionality). Version 3.0 used a "return" parameter, which is base-64 encoded instead of URL-encoded, and this is still used in some places, but will be removed soon, so it's not a good feature to rely on.