League status closed

Questions about how to maintain your Zuluru installation
tim_nexthop

League status closed

Post by tim_nexthop »

Hello I'm new to zuluru and I will be using it for our baseball season this year as a test season just for one division.

I setup a league and a division for spring, I've registered all the players and created the teams. I just noticed that the league is closed and there is no active leagues.
Now it was active I'm wonder what setting I must have touched but I can't find anywhere to change the division/league status to active?

I see that its based on the date of the first game I believe but I changed that to March 15 2014 but its still closed. Before I change it I had it set to April 07, 2014 and the league was active then

help
GregS
Site Admin

Re: League status closed

Post by GregS »

A couple of questions. First, are you running the latest and greatest version? There were some changes made recently to make opening and closing of leagues a little more intuitive (though it still happens automatically). Second, do you have a daily cron process set up, as described in the readme file? If so, that will make sure that things get opened and closed as required. Third, what's the last game date? Things should open up a few weeks before the first game, and get closed a week after the last game.
tim_nexthop

Post by tim_nexthop »

thanks for the reply. Thanks for pointing out the cron job that has resolved my issue.
I also decided to update to the latest and after the update the default admin password no longer works? I never changed it because I'm still setting up the site and I haven't opened to the outside yet. Has the default password changed in the new version?

Thanks
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

There shouldn't have been any change in the admin password, but it's possible, depending on how you did the update, that the salt value in config/core.php changed. The "easy" way to fix the password is to set debugging to 2 in config/core.php, try to log in with the password you want to use, and then look at the SQL query where it tries to read the user record from the database. That will have the hashed version of your entered password in it, which you can copy and paste into the database.
tim_nexthop

Post by tim_nexthop »

much appreciated I'm back on track. issue closed. thanks