Field/Facility Names

Questions about how to maintain your Zuluru installation
bullmoose20

Field/Facility Names

Post by bullmoose20 »

Hello,

Is there a way to show full field names throughout Zuluru rather than the short name?

For example, we have a field called MASSON #1 and MASSON #2. MASSON #1 can be divided into MASSON #1A, or MASSON #1B. Today as part of the import, the shortnames come out as follows for all three of these fields:
MAS 1, MAS 1, MAS 2

I was hoping that there is a way to allow "fullnames" instead of "shortnames". Most people know all these fields by their Full Names and introducing shortnames would only create more change management that I would like to limit if possible. And yes, I know that clicking on the link would ultimately show you the map and the long name.

Thanks,
Nick
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Field/Facility Names

Post by GregS »

1A and 1B are both shortened to 1? That doesn't sound right. The "num" column in the "fields" table is actually a string with a length up to 15, so it should be able to accomodate 1A and 1B just fine.

That would still only show the fields as MAS 1A, MAS 1B and MAS 2, though. There's currently no option to always show the long name instead, though if you want this for all fields, you could edit models/field.php and change the two lines in the _afterFind function that set the long_code variable to use $facility['name'] instead of $faciity['code']. I believe this would affect most, if not all, displays.
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

Hello,

I did not express myself correctly, but yes, I think you got the idea of what I was looking for which is the full name to be displayed instead of the short field/facility name. I will attempt your suggestion and let you know how it goes.

Nick
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

Your suggested fix work very nicely. Thanks!