Installation issues

Questions related to installing Zuluru 1: Locked now, all new installations should use Zuluru 3
sulfur

Installation issues

Post by sulfur »

I've been looking at the Zuluru software over the last few days and learning an astounding amount about how Cake 1.3 works while I've been at it.

I've managed to install Cake (fairly) successfully, without the mod_rewrite package (as my host does not give access to that, sadly), but I've had some issues with the Zuluru 1.6.14 installation.

I don't have shell access to my host, only "FTP" access, but it is a redhat linux server running PHP 5.0.4 (nice and elderly), and things sorta kinda do work. Except when it comes to Zuluru.

I've followed the instructions in the installation, but come across the "Error: An Internal Error Has Occurred." from the Zuluru software.

I've double checked the permissions on the directories listed in the README file and have them all set to '777' for permissions.

Any advice or suggestions to follow?
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Installation issues

Post by GregS »

The first thing to do when you come across any such general error in Zuluru is to enable debugging in config/core.php. I usually set it to 2 for such debugging, and back to 0 when things are running properly. Once this is set, you'll typically get a complete stack trace of exactly what and where the error is, at which point it's either easy for you to fix, or you have more information to provide to me.

There may also be some useful information in the error logs, but then again if your host doesn't give you shell access, you may not have access to raw log files either.
sulfur

Post by sulfur »

Nothing in the error logs at all (I checked those previously).

I set the debug to "2" and reloaded things and got the following errors:
Warning (2): main(/home/alex/www/Z/config/database.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory [CORE/cake/libs/model/connection_manager.php, line 23]

Warning (2): main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/alex/www/Z/config/database.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/alex/www/Cake:/home/alex/www/Z/:.:/usr/share/pear') [CORE/cake/libs/model/connection_manager.php, line 23]

Notice (8): Use of undefined constant self::NAME_REGEX - assumed 'self::NAME_REGEX' [CORE/cake/libs/class_registry.php, line 142]

Notice (8): Use of undefined constant self::NAME_REGEX - assumed 'self::NAME_REGEX' [CORE/cake/libs/model/model.php, line 452]

Fatal Error (256): ConnectionManager::getDataSource - Non-existent data source default [CORE/cake/libs/model/connection_manager.php, line 102]
Out of curiosity, I tried renaming "database.php.default" to simply "database.php" and did another reload. This time around, I ended up with:
Notice (8): Use of undefined constant self::NAME_REGEX - assumed 'self::NAME_REGEX' [CORE/cake/libs/class_registry.php, line 142]

Notice (8): Use of undefined constant self::NAME_REGEX - assumed 'self::NAME_REGEX' [CORE/cake/libs/model/model.php, line 452]

Fatal Error (256): ConnectionManager::loadDataSource - Unable to import DataSource class .Dbo{driver} [CORE/cake/libs/model/connection_manager.php, line 185]
Note that I have the Cake install separate from the Zuluru install (but I added the path for Cake into the Zuluru webroot/index.php in the appropriate location).
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Sounds like you didn't get through the entire installation process. There should have been a database.php file created for you if you had. Or perhaps the permissions on the config folder don't allow the web server process to create files there? The install process should check for this, but if the APP define isn't right, it might be looking at the wrong place.
sulfur

Post by sulfur »

Sorry -- I was unclear originally.

I tried to do the install as per the README, with http://myhost.com/Z/install and get a 404 error (Object not found). When I go to myhost.com/Z/ I get the errors listed above.
sulfur

Post by sulfur »

Ok, figured out the install step -- without mod_rewrite, you have to jump through a couple of hoops that it might be worth adding to the README file.

I had to use myhost.com/Z/index.php/install

At that point, I get the following error:
Your tmp directory is writable.

Your config directory is writable.

Your core.php config file is writable.

PHP version 5.0.4 < 5

Installation cannot continue as minimum requirements are not met.
Your phpversion() check does not appear to be done correctly.

In plugins/install/views/install/index.ctp, you have a check as follows:
if (phpversion() > 5) {
echo '<p class="success">' . sprintf(__('PHP version %s > 5', true), phpversion()) . '</p>';
} else {
This check should likely actually be something similar to:
if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.0.0', '>=')) {
// success!
} else {
// php version isn't high enough
}
sulfur

Post by sulfur »

Note: I didn't really state it above, but the install was now successful and I was able to actually log in with the "admin" account -- though I'm having some further troubles there! :)

I'll post those elsewhere, as the issues here have been sorted out now.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Thanks for the notes, I've made updates as suggested!