Zuluru source released on Github

The latest news
GregS
Site Admin

Zuluru source released on Github

Post by GregS »

I've released the source code for Zuluru on Github! For more details, read the official announcement.
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Zuluru source released on Github

Post by GregS »

The first batch of updates has been uploaded. There are a couple of minor bug fixes and a number visual improvements, but the big thing is completion of player photo uploads. Now that I've figured out how to push updates to to Github, I'll try to push them as they are finished, rather than in batches.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

I've posted several batches of updates since the last post here, but thought that today's was extra notable, in that I've pushed the version number to 1.1. This batch includes Franchises, which is a new feature that ties together teams across seasons. There's more to come in this area, but since it's a whole new thing, I thought it deserved a version bump.

Soon to come: playoff and tournament scheduling! Preliminary code is being trialled at the TUC playoffs this coming weekend. Even if that's successful (which I expect it will be), there's still a few areas to tidy up to make this rock-solid on the administrative side, and handle a few situations that aren't required for this test, but I expect to wrap this all up and publish the source in October.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Zuluru now supports PayPal as a payment option. Currently, organizations must select one payment option to support (available options are now Chase and PayPal, with Google Checkout and perhaps others to come), but this may change in the future to allow the user to select their preference (only from among the options enabled by the organization, of course).
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Code to support playoff handling in Zuluru has now been released. Playoff schedules can be created at any time. Once playoffs start, the brackets fill in automatically as game results are reported.

The scheduling code has been working on the TUC site since this summer's playoffs, and is well-tested, but code release was delayed until playoff bracket display was completed.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

A HUGE batch of changes has been published, adding the new concept of "divisions" under "leagues". This update is mainly aimed at simplifying administration (including options to "clone" leagues and divisions for even easier setup), but there's a few little bonuses for regular users too.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Three more batches of changes have been published in rapid succession.

1. The old, kludgy method of "parent" and "child" fields, inherited from Leaguerunner, has been replaced with a hierarchical "facilities" and "fields" structure.

2. Team events, with attendance tracking, have been added, so teams can create non-game events like practices and parties.

3. Preregistration functionality has been completed, giving administrators the ability to allow specific individuals to complete registrations outside of the configured date range, thus handling the variety of special cases which may crop up.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Just published another batch of changes aimed at improving the linkage between divisions and registration. Now, if a player finds a registration they're interested in, it's easy to see what teams are already in the division, and if they find a division they want to play in, it's easy to get registered for it.
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Version 3.0.0 has been released at https://github.com/Zuluru/Zuluru3. This is a fresh repository, as the changes were far too substantial to even attempt to map them into the old one.