Manually Create Games

Anything that doesn't fit in another category
GregS
Site Admin

Re: Manually Create Games

Post by GregS »

Oh, just remembered, if you're not on the team in question, you won't see the events in the schedule. The team event function was built to handle events that teams plan for themselves. Handling this better in the case of events (especially practices) scheduled by the league will include giving admins and coordinators some kind of access to the practice list.
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

Well... I think the issue is resolved. As an admin, I thought that I would be able to see it all...but based on your last comment, I would need to add myself to the team and then I would see the data in the views.

So for the purposes of what I am attempting at the moment, I will be creating games in the backend db directly for bulk import purposes. As well, I will be looking at setting up a "practice game" by creating a GAME with Team A vs Team A and if it is a league game, then it will be Team A vs Team B.

This should be interesting...

Nick
bullmoose20

Post by bullmoose20 »

So I have managed to properly create the import of over 11,000 games and practices for this summer, but this only updates the games table. Without the game slots, the import is not complete as you mentioned.

That being said, what tables are altered when you add the game slots per field? I believe that once I have the game slots created and then "linked" properly through the games table, I should have a properly formatted schedule when I select the team schedule in zuluru.

Right now, date, time, and location columns are either blank or showing strange values on the teams schedules.

Thanks,
Nick
GregS
Site Admin

Post by GregS »

Yes, date, time, etc. come from the game_slots table. There's also division_gameslot_availabilities, though if you don't ever plan on editing the schedule through the UI, that might not need to be populated.